September 02, 2009

[Script] Meeting with RHM and Daughter

OHSHI-- D

---

SOPHIE: Ma’am, I’ll be out for a bit, is that okay? I’ll be back by six sharp.
CARETAKER: That’ll be just fine, but make it five?
SOPHIE: Yes ma’am.

SOPHIE: That’s the worst excuse I’ve come up with. I think I just need some fresh air from the stuffy confines of the orphanage. Life sort of gets dull in there, you know. The neighbourhood is pretty, but nothing interesting. Down the road is more houses, and the only thing I think we have here is a pub and a couple of shops.

As Sophie looks, a postman is leaving and she notices the letter left on the ground.

SOPHIE: To the pub? Could deliver it, since it’s just here…

Swinging open the door, Sophie receives stares from the lady at the counter. Nonetheless she walks up and struggles to get herself up on the seat, before shoving the letter in front. She glances to the two people beside her for moments, who are the RHM and Daughter.

(Some lines for them perhaps? I don’t know really)


BARTENDER: Hey, you shouldn’t still be here! Thanks for the letter, but off you go now!

Sophie tugs at RHM’s shirt/clothes/etc.

RHM: Oh, erm, she’s with us.

Hurriedly, RHM and Daughter exits with Sophie being dragged along. Once outside, RHM bends down to talk to Sophie.

RHM: Look, I don’t know who you are, and little kids like you shouldn’t be running around out in the open when it’s so late. So turn your little head and head home, okay?

Daughter: Go on, head on home. What’s a little kid doing here, seriously…

Sophie nods, but she continues to stare at them for a moment. Her eyes seem to twinkle for a moment.

[Lights dim, fade out.]

SOPHIE: I’m sure of it. They are the same people. They killed my parents. They haven’t changed one bit, have they. The scar of him, it gives him away just like that. Everything, everything will be easier now. All I have to do really, is to get closer to them. Even if it’s slowly, I can and I will.

---

SOPHIE: Just need to try…

She concentrates for a moment, and elsewhere both RHM and Daughter twitch and start talking in their sleep, cries of help, perhaps?

SOPHIE: It might have worked. I’m not sure. Slowly, just slowly.


---

Personally I feel the parts are quite short, because everything's mostly movement :/ AND OH SNAP I KNOW I'M POSTING THIS AT LIKE 5 IN THE MORNING D: