Edited by: Iffera. Changed Scene 3 from meeting RHM and Daughter in a Pub to in a Park and edited the front part of Scene 4.
Scene 3: Where She Meets RHM and Daughter in a Park
Sophie enters from stage left, stands at CSL.
CSL spotlight fades in. There is a bench at CSR.
Sophie: Ma’am, I’ll be out for a bit. Will that be alright? I’ll be back by six sharp.
Orphanage Lady voiceover.
Orphanage Lady: That’ll be just fine, but make it five?
Sophie: Yes ma’am.Sophie: That’s the worst excuse I’ve come up with. I think I just need some fresh air from the stuffy confines of the orphanage. Let me head down to the park, where there’s all the fresh air I need.
Sophie walks on and looks around at the imaginary birds etc. She inhales deeply and stretches.
Sophie: Ah~ (relaxes)
She walks over to the bench and sits down on it, maybe she can rock her legs or something.
RHM and Daughter enter from stage right. They walk, holding hands, from stage right to left. They drop a wallet near the bench but they don’t notice. Sophie sees that and she picks the wallet up and calls towards them.
Sophie: Excuse me, sir! (holds wallet)
RHM and Daughter turn around.
Sophie: Um, you dropped your wallet. (holds out wallet to RHM)
At this point, RHM and Sophie make eye contact.
Sophie continues staring as RHM takes the wallet from her.
RHM: Thank you.
Daughter: Come on, let’s go. (takes RHM by the hand and drags him off)
Both RHM and Daughter exit stage left.
Sophie’s eyes seem to twinkle for a moment
Sophie: I’m sure of it. They are the same people. They killed my parents. They haven’t changed one bit, have they? That scar he has, it gives him away. Everything will be easier now. All I have to do is to get closer to them to avenge for my parents. Even if it’s slowly, I can and I will.
Light fades. Everyone offstage.
Scene 4: Where The Mafia Realises That Sophie Is Still Alive
Light fades on. RHM and Daughter enter from stage left. They have just returned from their activities for the day and are now in Mafia HQ. Daughter sits on one of the chairs/tables. (Maybe followers can stand around)
Daughter: Whew.. that was fun. (smiles really happily) What a day. A nice stroll at the park , followed by clubbing, then drinks…(sighs happily)[From here to the end of this part, Daughter can do whatever random things. E.g. playing with her handphone?]
A follower enters and addresses RHM, all the while standing a repsectable distance away from RHM.
Follower: Sir...our research department found something. (hands RHM a document) Do you recall the couple with special abilities that you killed a few years ago?
RHM: Those two? The one that boss wanted dead? Yeah. I remember them. What about? (idly flips through the document)
Follower: Well, turns out that they have a daughter. She is like her parents and she is still alive. Boss wants you to get rid of her. See? Here is a picture of her…(points to a picture on the document)
RHM: Wait a minute…I’ve seen her somewhere before…(sits up and looks closely) Its her! The one we saw at the park!
RHM, Follower and Daughter freeze. Light on them fades.
Sophie comes out onto the stage from the right, DSR. Spotlight on her.
Sophie: (looks on at the other 3 characters) Okay, now that they have found out who I am. I have to act fast. Yes. I will carry out the the plan tonight using the special ability I possessed. They will pay for what they did to my parents, especially the master mind who wanted my parents dead… (Smile wickedly)
Light fades. Everyone except for Sophie offstage.
- Posted by Iffera