September 16, 2009

Drama Script Draft 3

Edited by: Wan Li. Scene 2 last line, Scene 4 last line, bits of Scenes 2, 3, 5. Scene 6.

Scene 2: Where Her Abilities are Shown

LAST PART:

Sophie: If the Mafia knows that I’m alive, they will want to use me, like they wanted from my parents. They will want me and my powers to manipulate people. (pause) But I won’t let them have their way. I won’t be their slave. [Wanli’s version of this last line]

Sophie: This is what I can do. They want to use me. They want me and my powers, because this beats everything else – mind reading, speed of light, invisibility, super strength. (pause) But I won’t let them have their way. I won’t be their slave. [YY’s version of this last line]

DSC Spotlight fades. Everyone offstage

Scene 3: Where She Meets RHM and Daughter in a Pub

Sophie enters from stage left, stands at CSL.
CSL spotlight fades in
Sophie: Ma’am, I’ll be out for a bit. Will that be alright? I’ll be back by six sharp.
Orphanage Lady voiceover.


Orphanage Lady: That’ll be just fine, but make it five?
Sophie: Yes ma’am.Sophie: That’s the worst excuse I’ve come up with. I think I just need some fresh air from the stuffy confines of the orphanage. Life sort of gets dull in there. The neighbourhood is pretty, but there’s nothing interesting. Just more houses down the road and only a pub and a couple of- (notices letter at her foot) What’s this?

Sophie: To the pub? Could deliver it, since it’s just here…

Sophie walks a few steps and light on for the rest of the stage, depicting a pub. Swinging open the door, Sophie receives stares from a bartender at the counter. Nonetheless she walks up and struggles to get herself up on the seat, before shoving the letter in front. She glances to the two people beside her for a moment, who are the RHM and Daughter. RHM downs a cup of wine or something. Daughter can like snuggle up to RHM, like put her arms around him etc. Or RHM can put his arm around Daughter. Just do like random calefare action until Sophie tugs at RHM’s shirt.

Daughter
: So…you got anything new recently?
RHM: Yeah. Managed to get a 20 assault rifles at just over a hundred bucks.
Daughter: Really? That’s a great deal! Where did you find it?
RHM: Johnny. He’s head in the weapons market.
(Yeah. Maybe something like that)

Bartender: Hey, you shouldn’t still be here! Thanks for the letter. Off you go now!
Sophie tugs at RHM’s shirt/clothes/etc. RHM turns to look at her.

Bartender: Hey Mr. (addresses RHM) That your kid? (points to Sophie) You know, you shouldn’t bring her to such places.
RHM: No, wait. I don’t know her. She is… (gives bartender a puzzled look) Look, I don’t know who she is…

Bartender: Look, you better take that girl right outside now. (looks at RHM with a fierce look)
Hurriedly, RHM and Daughter exits with Sophie being dragged along. Once outside, RHM bends down to talk to Sophie. Light on pub fades. People in pub freeze.

RHM: Look, I don’t know who you are, and little kids like you shouldn’t be running around out in the open when it’s so late. So turn your little head and head home, okay?
Daughter: Go on, head on home. (addresses RHM) What’s a little kid doing here, seriously…(rolls eyes) Come on…(holds RHM’s hand and drags him off)
Sophie nods, but she continues to stare at them as they leave for a moment. RHM and Daughter exit stage left. Her eyes seem to twinkle for a moment.
[Lights dim, fade out.]


(Sophie’s voice in mike)
Sophie: I’m sure of it. They are the same people. They killed my parents. They haven’t changed one bit, have they? That scar he has, it gives him away. Everything will be easier now. All I have to do is to get closer to them to avenge for my parents. Even if it’s slowly, I can and I will.
Light fades. Everyone offstage.


Scene 4: Where The Mafia Realises That Sophie Is Still Alive

LAST PART:

Sophie: (looks on at the other 3 characters) Okay, now that they have found out who I am. I have to act fast. Yes. I will carry out the the plan tonight using the special ability I possessed. They will pay for what they did to my parents, especially the master mind who wanted my parents dead… (Smile wickedly)

Light fades. Everyone except for Sophie offstage.

Scene 5: When She Manipulates RHM and Daughter to kill Mafia Leader (Climax) [I changed it into RHM and Daughter were sleepwalking in real life and they kill Mafia Leader in real life. They don’t really rmb anything cos they are control by Sophie. Frm their POV, they are just sleeping. But afterwards, they will rmb glimpses only (like vague memories of holding a gun)

Sophie is seated on stage floor at DSR. Mafia leader is sleeping on a bed at center stage. Spotlight on Sophie with other areas of the stage still dark.

Sophie: Just need to try… (gives an expression of concentration)

(looks at audience) It may work just perfectly. I’m not sure. Slowly, just slowly. (Index fingers pointing to her head to show that she is using her special power, or audience may not understand)

Light fades from Sophie. Focus on other parts of stage. Light can have colour change.

Daughter enters from stage left.
Daughter waits for a while then RHM enters from stage left also.

Daughter: (whispers) You’re late.
RHM: Sorry.
Daughter: Cut the crap, let’s get to work. You know the plan.

RHM and Daughter gets ready and takes out weapons. Mafia Leader turns and mumbles.

Daughter: (whispers) Be as quiet as possible! We must not wake him up yet! Remember the mission. We have a task to complete.


Finish their preparation. Light on Sophie brightens while the light on the other 3 characters dim. Sophie moves her hands (to initiate the moving in of the two characters towards the mafia leader). Light flashes back to rest of the stage. Under the control of Sophie, RHM impulsively places the barrel of gun to Mafia Leader’s head.

Mafia Leader
: (groggily) What…what’s going on? (sees a gun pointed to his head by RHM and gives a look of shocked realization and gasps)YOU! (sits up in bed and points at RHM in anger and horror) What are you doing? Put that down at once!

RHM: No can do, sir. I have yearned for the place of mafia head for so long, wondering when you would give it to me. (presses the gun barrel deeper into Mafia Leader’s head) I choose to stop waiting.

Mafia Leader: But…how? (blank expression and snaps back when he sees his daughter and addresses her) My dear…look…he’s gone crazy. Come, help me persuade him…(holds Daughter’s hand and with a pleading look)

Daughter wrenchs her hand away and looks at Mafia Leader.
Daughter: (shakes head) No. I will not help you. (shakes head and turns away from Mafia Leader)
RHM pulls the trigger. Gunshot sound. Mafia Leader dies instantly and falls back onto the bed.


Sophie smiles.
Sophie: Alright, now go back to bed and sleep. Nothing ever happened.
RHM and Daughter pack up and cover the Mafia Leader with the blanket. Both exit stage left. Light fades. Everyone except for Mafia Leader offstage.


Scene 6: When They Discover the Death of Mafia Leader

It is time for the Mafia Leader to wake up. Light on for the whole stage. Bodyguard comes in from stage left and stands at the side of the bed.

Bodyguard: (Clears throat and steps forward) Sir. (pause) Sir, the leader of the mafia group in Russia will be arriving in half hour's time. Please be prepared. (wait and glances at the Mafia Leader) Sir? (shrugs him gently on the shoulder) Please wake up, (checks watch) it's near noon. (starts to shrug him roughly)

Bodyguard calls Mafia Leader awake a few more times, then reaches under his nose with his fingers. Bodyguard turns the Mafia Leader over and unfolds the blanket. (Blood on pillow) Bodyguard gasps.

Mafia Leader lies on the bed, motionless.
Bodyguard: (yells towards backstage) Men, help! Its Sir! He is not right! Help! Somebody~!
Doubles/Bodyguards, Daughter and RHM rush over to Mafia leader. RHM enters by stage left with just a few bodyguards. The other followers/bodyguards enter by stage right.

RHM: (anxious expression when he sees Mafia Leader motionless) Sir, Sir! (shakes Mafia Leader to find no response) (checks if Mafia Leader is alive) Call the ambulance, damn, we can’t. Okay, get someone. Now. (intake of breath) This can't be, it's impossible-(puts both hands to his nose and slides down. He also walks a bit further away from the crowd of people crowded at Mafia Leader’s bed)

Bodyguard: (says in a horrified tone) He is dead.
Sophie walks out slowly from audience and stands at DSL of stage with a smile on her face. She tilts her body slightly to look at what’s going on. Bodyguards and followers observe silence by standing quietly, surrounding Mafia Leader’s bed.
Daughter enters from stage left.

Daughter: What’s going on? What’s all that noise…Father? (sees motionless Mafia Leader) Father! (gasp) What happened?
Follower 1 or 2: Sir, please, wake up, the triad can’t function without you. (sadly says, maybe can like kneel at the bed or something)

Daughter: What happened to you? Father! (As she says this, she clutches the Mafia Leader’s shirt in desperation)
RHM: This is impossible. (Daughter looks towards RHM) There was nothing wrong, he had no medical problems. Nothing. He was invincible, he was never wounded before.Daughter: (walks forward, faces RHM, and complains) Oh…everything was fine yesterday. (pause) Someone must have set him up, someone must have killed him-
RHM: (Interrupts Daughter) No one predicted this... No one.
Pause.


Daughter: Then…why did he die? (confused expression) It’s not right. After dinner last night we... (cuts off and gasps)
Sudden revelation.
Daughter and Right-hand man slowly turn to face each other.
RHM: After dinner last night–
Daughter: –I had a vague dream.
RHM: (pause) And so did I.

Daughter: Of holding a gun…

The stage becomes dull, dark.
Everyone looks down on the ground, silent for 5 secs.
Bodyguards, Mafia leader remain in position and freeze.
Daughter and Right-hand man hold hands, walk to the front, and sit at the edge of the stage.
Daughter and RHM: (Softly, in a trance) What…happened last night? What happened last night? Last night? Last night? What happened? What happened? (Keeps repeating, getting softer)

(Spotlight on Sophie)
Sophie: (The story behind everything. Include: I have avenged for my parents death, the part about manipulating…) The next time you have a nightmare, think again. Maybe it's not coincidental. Maybe it wasn't by chance. Maybe you really are, on the edge of death.Because for all you know... It could be me.

Light fades
End Show.


Posted by Iffera.